HeaderAd

Monday, July 14, 2014

Recommended book: The Seed: Finding Purpose and Happiness in Life and Work by Jon Gordon

Share it Please


Cover in Thai edition



When I was young, about ten years ago, I don’t think that I have to read this type of book. This type of book is not what I looking for when I was at book store ten years ago. I told myself that I never going to by this book, why? Because this book is for people that do not have inspiration in their life. Their life might not have target, it like when you are young you can eat as much as you can because you will not fat. But now, you just see the food you feeling you already fat. Hahahaha

Cover in English Edition



During on my life time…that I have to read this type of book. It is the moment that this book has translate to Thai version. “The Seed: Finding Purpose and Happiness in Life and Work”, is a book that will takes you on a quest for the meaning and passion behind work. The story told about a guy that work very energetic and have a good works, many year past by his work life is going down and do not have inspiration to work. Then his boss challenged him to take two weeks to decide if he really want to continue working here or should start looking for new opportunity. He take off for the country, where he meets a wise farmer who gives him a seed and a promise: find the right place to plant the seed, and his purpose will be revealed.
You might having the same situation now or in the past, while I reading this it like we are on the same page!!! The story telling his journey cross-country, you will find surprising new source of wisdom and inspiration in your own business and life. Each moment of his journey it is like he collect new experience to level up for example: go back to see parent, back to university to see teacher or event revisit some place and of cause looking for new opportunity by going for an interview!!
Did I get more encouragement after read this? Hmm…I get more peaceful inside of my heart. I will not make a rush decision, I want to think it over and over again. Why I feel like that, because I have read a lot of this type of book, some book after finish it like to drink a coffee and make you furiously but not for this one. The writer of this book has put many trick and many inspiration in this whole book, while reading this I cannot find all trick that Jon Gordon is hidden in this book. It is a readable book.

Let me know, what you think about this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Tags